Download the App
If you are using a Mac as your primary computer to access the QuickBooks hosting system, you will need to download the Microsoft Remote Desktop App first.
- Go to the iTunes store here and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 app. Make sure you are using version 10. If prompted, enter in your Apple ID and password.
- Once the installation finished, open the app.
Log In (Once Microsoft Remote Desktop has been installed)
To log in to the system:
- Open abrowser and go to https://pwrcloudqb.azworld.com/RDWeb
- Enter your user name and password (included in the email from AZTS).
Note: you must always enter pwrcloudqb\ before your user name when logging in.
- If you are using a shared computer, keep the This is a public or shared computer icon selected. If you are using a computer that only you access, you may select the This is a private computer option. This allows for a longer period of inactivity before automatically logging you off of the system.
- Click Sign in.
Open an App
Depending on your specific configuration, you’ll be able to see all your available programs on the main screen once you log in.
- Click on any icon to open the application. You will see an icon appear on your computer called RemoteApp.
- You may be prompted to connect. If so, checkmark the Don’t ask me again box and click Connect.
- The application will load and open. You’ll see an icon appear on your taskbar.
- As you continue to click on icons each application will open and you’ll see them appear in your taskbar.
Your Q drive is your personal place to store your files. This is also where you will save your QuickBooks files. This drive is backed up and secured every day. To access your Q Drive:
- Open up the File Explorer application from the home page.
- Scroll down to the drive marked (Q:). You’ll see that you have a folder for QuickBooks, which is where your company file and all backups will live. You may create new folders based on your needs.
- Within the File Explorer application, you also have access to your local machine files, so anything that is saved on the drives of your local computer is visible in the remote cloud desktop. To copy and move files from your local computer use the right click and copy, paste function.
How to Exit Out of QuickBooks Correctly
When you are done using QuickBooks, be sure to shut down properly.
- Click the File menu, Close Company/Log Off.
- Wait until you see the No Company Open screen.
- Then click File, Exit
Never click on the X in the right hand corner to exit out of QuickBooks, as this may corrupt your company file.
When you are done using your applications you will need to sign out.
- Save your work and close all your programs.
- Click Sign Out in the upper right corner.
To protect against unauthorized access, your session will automatically time out after a period of inactivity. If your session ends, refresh your browser and sign in again.
Try these tips before submitting a ticket:
- Refresh the browser.
- Sign out, then log back into the system.
- Check your internet connection to verify you are connected to Wi-Fi.