IT Security is a growing area of concern for many businesses. Regardless of where your organization is at the process, here’s 10 simple tips towards reducing your risk.
- Protect Network Security and Information – Protect your network from attacks by installing end point protection with content filtering at the perimeter of your network.
- Train Your Employees – Establish basic cyber security principles and educate your employees on security best practices. Be sure to include acceptable use of company equipment and proper internet browsing behavior.
- Data Back-ups – Implement regular back-ups of important business data and information. Store back-ups off site in the cloud and regularly test your data back-ups.
- Update and Maintain Networks – Download and install software updates and patches for your operating systems and applications to ensure the secure configuration of all your systems.
- Secure Your Networks – Secure your WiFi network and make sure it is hidden. Use and regularly update antivirus and anti-spyware software on all devices.
- User Management – Protect your networks from internal threats by setting up password-protected individual user accounts for each employee. Limit the use of portable storage devices, employee access to data, and authority to install software.
- Risk and Disaster Management – Establish a robust incident response and DR plan. Test and review the plan on a regular basis.
- Secure Mobile Working – Develop a mobile device plan and install encryption and mobile device management software on all mobile devices to protect data in transit from theft or external breaches.
- Proactive Monitoring – Constant monitoring of your networks allows your organization to spot unusual activity and apply the necessary protections to stop any data breaches or disruptions to your business.
- Understand your Digital Footprint – If you’d like to implement an IT Security solution, it’s important to understand where you are currently at. At AZTS our security experts can conduct a high level security assessment and recommend a strategy custom to your organization to support your cyber-security goals.
Want to talk to our Security Experts? Learn more here.